Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Deutsch Response in The Journal of American History




There were many reviews of my film Rothstein's First Assignment.  The reviews were generally mixed with most criticism focused on the films unusual structure. There was however one direct attack against the film from James Deutsch in the Journal of American History.   

At first I thought Deutsch needed no response due to his clear bias and misrepresentation of facts.  Anyone who has seen the film would quickly see through it.  Indeed one scholar was baffled that Deutsch's  review was published by the Journal citing its lack of scholarly merit.  Then I considered the views of those who haven't seen the film. For this reason I opted to respond.  I include my rebuttal of Deutsch's review here: https://academic.oup.com/jah/article-abstract/99/4/1335/929919




      


No comments:

Post a Comment